Re: [yast-devel] systemd & installation
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

On 19.3.2014 11:15, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
As in the foreseeable future there will be no systemd running during
installation (systemd does not work for PID != 1) and the old init.d
scripts
are gone I've added a 'service_start' script to the installation system.

So, if you really have to start service 'foo' for some reason, try
'service_start foo'.

It's far from perfect but I hope it works at least for the most common
services.

Thanks Steffen,

So, does it mean we should change the Service.rb to use `service_start` instead of `systemctl` during (first stage) installation? Is there a

Yes. systemctl just doesn't work.

`service_stop` command?

No. I could provide a dummy service_stop script so that if ever it would be
necessary to stop a service we don't have to look at the code again. But ATM
I think we're fine just rebooting.

Steffen