Re: [yast-devel] Wizard UI Documentation
On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:22:33 +0100
Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 10:15:55AM +0100, Julian Zwickl wrote:
Hi,

did you have a documentation about the YaST Wizard(UI) for Ruby?

We have the main site
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_development
referencing the UI bits
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST:_UI,_User_Interface_Library

Sadly, that documents the YCP bindings, which we currently use with
only a slight translation to Ruby. There have been prototypes of a
Rubyish UI code, but we are not using that in production
https://github.com/libyui/ruby-ui

To add something in ruby, you can check examples -
https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/tree/master/library/wizard/doc/examples
( but it is translated ruby, so not nice, but you should get at least
idea how it is called. I will gladly help you review your code to check
it.

And how can I parse .ini configs? Does YaST have a special method?

Um, YaST does have a special method, and it will scare you away. For
an example,

$ grep -r sssd_conf /usr/share/YaST2

Please design your desired API and let's work together to fit in on
existing YaST libraries.

If you need only parse it and not write, then there is option to read
it via agent for string read and then parse it with a ini parser in
ruby. But it will add dependencies for your module.

Josef
< Previous Next >