Re: [yast-devel] Request 215269 created by jreidinger (delete openSUSE:Factory/yast2-s390)
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:21:17 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 02:11:14PM +0100, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2014, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Visit https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/215269

It is exclusive only for s390, so no reason to have it in factory.

Actions:
- delete package openSUSE:Factory/yast2-s390

Seriously, why? Just because someone rejected a patch?

The package has lived peacefully in Factory for years.

And great that the maintainer isn't even asked.

Maybe someone else wants to take over maintainership. After all I
don't know what I have to do with that package anymore.

Regards,
Arvin

Reason for it is simple. It is ExclusiveArch: s390 s390x so it builds
only on this architectures. So it is never available on factory. And
now opensuse guys add check that check if at least on one architecture
package can build, which is not true for this one. Because we already
have some packages that are SLE only I add yast2-s390 to them.

Is there any reason why you want to keep it in factory?

Josef