Re: [yast-devel] who is the maintainer?
Dne 9.1.2014 13:16, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:48:06 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

while reassigning yast-maintainers bugs I noticed that once again
the maintainer/bugowner information is inconsistent: The content
of the MAINTAINER file in git differs from the output of 'osc
maintainer' or 'osc bugowner'. This leads to confusion.

We had this problem before and apparently fail to solve the
inconsistency long term. So I propose to drop the MAINTAINER file
in git and rely on osc.

Instead we can have a AUTHORS files so that people not knowing
about osc can still reach the authors.

Often even AUTHORS file may not be helpful as authors of the code are
not reachable or interested in it anymore. This fact is not noticeable
from reading the AUTHORS file. Which might be really frustrating for
someone not familiar with the names/persons.

In such case it's always better to have an anonymous 'yast-maintainer'
than a list of person names to be chased via email (in case the file
contains any).

If we don't have any maintainer for a package, then it would be more
helpful to put there some notice about this mailing list and let people
ask questions here.

vlado

Regards,
Arvin

I agree. AUTHORS can be also useful to get list of people that can
potentionally have some knowledge when maintainer is not available.

Josef