Re: [yast-devel] who is the maintainer?
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:48:06 +0100
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

while reassigning yast-maintainers bugs I noticed that once again
the maintainer/bugowner information is inconsistent: The content
of the MAINTAINER file in git differs from the output of 'osc
maintainer' or 'osc bugowner'. This leads to confusion.

We had this problem before and apparently fail to solve the
inconsistency long term. So I propose to drop the MAINTAINER file
in git and rely on osc.

Instead we can have a AUTHORS files so that people not knowing
about osc can still reach the authors.

Regards,
Arvin

I agree. AUTHORS can be also useful to get list of people that can
potentionally have some knowledge when maintainer is not available.

Josef