Re: [yast-devel] Submit requests to YaST:Head OBS repository have been disabled
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 13:34:15 +0100
On 12/03/2013 01:27 PM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

Hi all,

I have disabled submit requests to YaST:Head OBS repository because
the packages are developed at Github and are automatically submitted by Jenkins.

If anybody (usually outside the Yast team) creates a submit request in OBS to
YaST:Head we need to reject it and tell the submitter how to do it properly
via Github.

Therefore I decided to disable submit requests completely.

That was a good ideas, thanks!

I was only a bit confused by the e-mail subject. Now I know you have disabled "Direct submitting to YaST:Head".

From now, if you try to send a submit request to YaST:Head it will not be
allowed
and you will see this error message:

The YaST packages are developed at Github (https://github.com/yast or
https://github.com/libyui) and are automatically submitted to YaST:Head OBS
project by Jenkins CI (http://ci.opensuse.org/view/Yast/) after each Git
commit
(if the testsuite passes).

IMO you have to change the package version, but I haven't seen the code. Or you have to change the version to have it submitted to Factory?

See "CONTRIBUTING.md" file at the respective Github repository for more
details.

You can also contact Yast developers at #yast irc.freenode.org or
yast-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx (http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/) mailing list.

It is configured in "OBS:RejectRequests" attribute at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/attributes/YaST:Head, feel free to improve
the
message if you think something is wrong or missing...

Any objections to this?

No, not at all :) Well done!

Thanks
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Yast TL, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha