Re: [yast-devel] yast2-apparmor
On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 01:06:51 +0100
Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

Hi Christian,

large parts of the YaST2 AppArmor module were removed in openSUSE
13.1.

Nevertheless, a quick grep on the source shows that it's still using
the Immunix::* perl modules a lot. Are those code sections active, or
do they contain disabled / commented out / unused code?

Yes, it is still used. Apparmor yast module was written by immunix
itself and in quite strange way, where almost all logic is in agents
which is written in perl. And these agents communicate with UI.

The reason why I'm asking: upstream AppArmor is switching to python
(for the tools like aa-logprof etc.), which also means the perl
modules won't see too much maintenance ;-)

Well, that is bad as we currently do not have resources to adapt it to
python. But if there is volunteer I can explain how it works and what
needs to be done. Also some UI polishing would be great.

Therefore it would be good to know if the Immunix::* perl modules are
still needed by YaST.

yes, see above

Josef

Regards,