[yast-devel] Dropping openSUSE-12.3 support in YaST:Head

Hi all,

currently we build YaST:Head packages for openSUSE 12.3, 13.1 and for Factory.

We should disable/remove 12.3 build because

- Yast packages are targeted to Factory, we cannot ensure they build or
they work correctly with older releases (the older release the
more problems there likely will be)

- There can be build problems, like yast2 does not build for 12.3 currently,
the testsuite gets stuck. The problem can be in the older Ruby, incompatible
rspec packages... Some other packages fail in rspec tests, etc..

- And unfortunately we do not have enough developers to fully support
older releases, so IMO it's better to drop it rather then keeping it
in broken state.

Because 13.1 is really fresh I'd like to keep 12.3 build for some time,
I propose 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I'll remove/disable it.

Is that OK for you? Any ideas or objections to this proposal?

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer