Re: [yast-devel] jenkins autosubmit to factory
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 09:58:24AM +0100, David Majda wrote:
It would be nice to document the autosubmit at

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST:_Development_Workflow

so that we don't end up with undocumented black magic.

As an external developer, I would probably primarily like to know:

* what code exactly goes where
* how is the submit triggered
* how the whole thing works (what things happen in what order and how
can I inspect them)

Right. Done. Please review that page, as the paste below is missing the
hyperlinks.

master / Factory

submit code via pull requests in the repositories on GitHub
the continuous integration server simply calls rake osc:sr from the
packaging_tasks gem, which
makes a local build using fresh OBS dependencies (osc:build)
commits to the OBS development project obs://YaST:Head* (osc:commit)
if the version has changed, submits to obs://openSUSE:Factory* (osc:sr)

(* the target projects are configured in the yast-rake gem, required from each
package's Rakefile)

--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner