[yast-devel] Pull requests at github repo
Hi,
it looks like after conversion to ruby number of external contribution
to yast repo slightly increase. It is quite nice effect, but we should
try to keep such contribution. From my POV our current biggest problem
with some contributions is small reactions in some cases. So I think
how to solve it and propose few rules for yast maintainers.

1. keep response time short ( I think that 24 hours response time is
the best, if you check once a day your mailbox, then you should also
check if you should review something )

2. member who do yast screening should at least once a weak check pull
requests without activity ( how define it? no activity for week?) and
ping proper person ( you can easily sort it from the latest activity
with
https://github.com/organizations/yast/dashboard/pulls?direction=asc&page=1&sort=updated&state=open
)

3. member who do screening team should manage* review for modules
without specific maintainer

* manage mean, that he can ask person who looks the most appropriate
for such review

I think that even you are discouraged from contribution if noonse seems
interested in your fix, so we should act better to encourage
contributors.

ideas, opinions, comments?

Josef