[yast-devel] Plan for moving to new CI
Hi,
in SUSE workshop we start project to move continuous integration (CI)
from internal server to external[1], so everyone can see how yast is
tested and also can use it. For such plan there is needed in principle
4 tasks

1) create maintenance branch ( we don't want to break current OS
release ) - DONE

2) replace spec templates with spec file using rpm macros ( lslezak
already prepared it and we start create pr soon )

3) use uniform commands to check, build, submit to devel BS project and
submit to target BS project - here we decide to use rake and there is
already project to use - https://github.com/yast/yast-rake that using
https://github.com/openSUSE/packaging_tasks/
We need to test each module if it works with it ( often problem is
missing license headers there ) and adapt if needed. There help is
really welcome.

4) create tasks in external ci instance - there is script which will do
it for us, so it will be automatic and quick.

So if anything is interesting in this move feel free to contact me at
IRC or via mailing list and can start playing with step 3) for any
module.

Josef

[1] http://ci.opensuse.org/