Re: [yast-devel] Requirements for Yast testing framework
# jreidinger@xxxxxxx / 2013-08-16 11:44:39 +0200:
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:22:21 +0200
Roman Neuhauser <rneuhauser@xxxxxxx> wrote:
# vmoravec@xxxxxxxx / 2013-08-14 10:06:54 +0200:
The question is if we could do more and also use integration
testing [3] in the future. Like the installer could setup
partitioning and then check bootloader and software proposal.
That would probably need some UI support, but in some cases it
could be nice.

not sure about this

if it can drive code, it can drive code. integration tests are not
that different from unit tests. or am i missing something?

There is one big difference. Good unit test have minimum of mocking.
But integration test for yast means increadible bunch of mocking as you
usually don't want to break testing machine.

I'd say both contexts require this capability, period. See eg.
yast-installation/src/modules/SystemFilesCopy.rb. OTOH...

For me integration testing is better in simulated environment and I
think it is better to use completelly different tool like openqa or
cucumber in virtualized
environment.

... yeah, this is a different kind and scale of "mocking".

Actually for me it is almost must have ability to run one test or at
least one test file as usually testing take some time and when I
detecting problem I want isolated run of test. But almost all
frameworks support it, but sometimes it needs small help.

Agreed, the ability to choose a subset of tests to run on the command
line is important.

--
roman