Re: [yast-devel] YaST Ruby final conversion & integration - DONE
Dne 5.8.2013 11:26, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
On 08/05/2013 10:49 AM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op maandag 5 augustus 2013 09:20:54 schreef Jiri Srain:
Thanks from me also.

However the translators are faced with a _huge_ task to adjust in about 3300
messages in the yast po files the string "\n" by "\\n". This can be done by
in
a script using eg. sed. The uncertainty however is that we do not know if any
other part of such a message is changed also. this means that we still have
check all these messages and remove the fuzzy indication by hand. Anyway
there
are also 37 messages without a previous translation. So apparently messages
have been changed.

I'm working on this issue.

It turned out that the double backslash is a Ruby Gettext feature,
when such POT file is formatted via rmsgfmt (Ruby Gettext equivalent to GNU
msgfmt)
the resulting MO file is correct.

THis means that the POT file generated by rxgettext (Ruby Gettext) is not 100%
compatible with GNU gettext, you cannot cannot mix Ruby and GNU gettext tools
:-(

Right now I'm tasting a patch to make the output optionally GNU compatible.

For now ignore the backslash issue completely, we will need to regenerate
all POT files again.

Thanks!

Ladislav

--