Re: [yast-devel] YaST in Ruby and string to be translated
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 08:36:33 +0200
Dne 1.8.2013 18:59, Andrea Turrini napsal(a):
As a result, the msgid strings now contain "\\n" instead of "\n" to
denote the new line inside the same msgid.

For instance, in printer.pot, the current string is

msgid "Started the CUPS daemon.\\nWaiting half a minute for the CUPS
daemon to get ready to operate...\\n"

Yeah, I haven't noticed that, thanks for reporting this!

Now, the question is: is this change expected and wanted?

This was caused by switching from YCP to Ruby which needs
using Ruby gettext (rxgettext) instead of GNU gettext (xgettext).

For me it looks like a bug, I'll investigate further.

Moreover many comments are missing, this is another incompatibility
in rxgettext and needs to be solved.

For now ignore the new translations, and I think the last changes
could be even reverted to not cause confusions for translators...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer