[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-translation] YaST in Ruby and string to be translated
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 03:05:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-08-01 at 18:59 +0200, Andrea Turrini wrote:

Hi all,

I send this mail to both os-translation and yast-devel ML since it
addresses both yast development and translation, so take care of these
two ML when you reply.

I'm only subscribed here; if I post to yast-devel-ml I don't know if it will be rejected.

msgid ""
"Started the CUPS daemon.\n"
"Waiting half a minute for the CUPS daemon to get ready to operate...\n"

Now, the question is: is this change expected and wanted?

What I know is that the translation tools will not detect the double slash, and will not flag as an error if a single slash is used. What will happen if we (translators) fail to use them?

Can our tools be modified so that those errors be flagged?

Why has that double slash got to be used? :-?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.