Re: [yast-devel] YaST Ruby final conversion & integration - DONE
On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:11:29 +0200
Thomas Goettlicher <tgoettlicher@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/31/2013 04:28 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 07/31/2013 03:42 PM, David Majda wrote:
Hi,

we are pleased to announce that the final Ruby conversion of YaST
YCP code to Ruby is over. The converted source was committed to
Git [1], passed through Jenkins and builds successfully in
YaST:Head [2]. YaST version was increased to 3.0.0. We also sent
submit requests to Factory (not accepted yet).

Thanks to the team for all this awesome job! Well done! :)
Congratulations, ycp killers!

Now it's time to think about what we want to do next, what are the
next pain-points we want to solve - but this has to be discussed
with all the team members together.
Are ycp-ui-bindings still used? Are they going to be replaced by
ruby-ui-bindings?

They are still used as it is in fact yast-ui-bindings, it is connected
to component system, not directly to ycp. Replacement could be in
future, it depends how we decide.

Josef

Cheers,
Thomas