Re: [yast-devel] Use YARD as code documentation tool?
Dne 27.6.2013 10:11, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
On 06/27/2013 09:32 AM, David Majda wrote:
From the above, I guess it's obvious that I would like Ruby code in
YaST to use YARD too. Do you agree with that, or do you have any better
ideas?

We already have a hosting [#1] for our documentation because Yast is not
just about bultins and libraries. There's plenty of other documentation
written in docbook already. On the other hand, "standard" docs place
makes sense, and even more after we switch to Ruby.

What I had in mind was mostly code documentation (documentation of classes, methods, etc.). This doesn't have to be at the same place as other, more general, documentation. It also doesn't have to be generated by the same tool. (Although it can, as Josef suggests in the other e-mail.)

BTW, it seems that the current docs haven't been updated for a while!

Which only underscores that autogenerating may be a good idea :-)

--
David Majda
SUSE Studio developer