Re: [yast-devel] YaST in ruby and UI terms
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jun 25. 2013 13:26]:

libyui-bindings has more complete examples
(https://github.com/kkaempf/libyui-bindings/tree/master/swig/ruby/examples)
which could help guiding a decision.

To be honest, I don't like this examples, it looks like old C gtk where
create every element is pain.

Lol - I don't like it either. It should just server as an example for
the discussion.

Compare this examples with elegance of
translated YCP code -
https://github.com/kobliha/yast-services-manager/blob/master/src/clients/services-manager.rb#L83

Thanks, thats helpful. I was missing this context.

I just want to get rid of annoying id, header and opt term. So after
your comments I propose to create shortcuts
Id, Opt and Header that creates such terms.

This is one (nice) way to solve this.

ComboBox(
term(:id, IDs::DEFAULT_TARGET),
term(:opt, :notify),
_('Default System &Target'),
[]
)

would change to

ComboBox(
Id(IDs::DEFAULT_TARGET),
Opt(:notify),
_('Default System &Target'),
[]
)

Another, probably more Ruby-like, is using hashes (as trailing
arguments):

ComboBox _('Default System &Target'), [], :id => IDs::DEFAULT_TARGET, :opt =>
:notify,

[I removed the parantheses for ComboBox for readability]

(see http://mikepackdev.com/blog_posts/8-tuesday-tricks-splatting for
example)

Comments ?

Klaus
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany