Re: [yast-devel] YaST Runlevel in Ruby
El 18/06/13 05:21, Lukas Ocilka escribió:
Hi,

Last week, I've decided to start a pilot project: YaST Runlevel written
completely in Ruby. I've just got it to the state when I dare to publish
it :) Please try...

See the project here: https://github.com/kobliha/yast-runlevel-ruby

How to run
sudo cp src/runlevel-ruby.rb /usr/share/YaST2/clients/
sudo yast2 runlevel-ruby

Right now, it
- lists services you can modify (enabled or disabled)
- shows their current state
- offers to start/stop or disable/enable them
- can save the current configuration

What is missing
- dependencies: install yast2.rpm from YaST:Head:ruby at
build.opensuse.org
- whole packaging into RPM/Gem
- setting the default target (default runlevel)

Comments and patches are welcomed! :) It was really easy to write such
YaST module in Ruby. I'll blog about it later.

Yes I have comments ;)

- I suggest not to use the "runlevel" name anywhere.

- I strongly suggest that you do not call systemctl from the module, this is the most important part, please use the systemd dbus api for YAST.

- You can currently do all operations except setting the default target using the DBUS-API , this limitation has been corrected recently and a systemd supporting this operation will land later in factory.