Re: [yast-devel] YaST Runlevel in Ruby
On 06/18/2013 12:23 PM, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
On 18/06/13 11:48, Jiří Suchomel wrote:
V Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:21:49 +0200
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Great work Lukas...

some comments:

Why the name runlevel? that is a leftover concept from SystemV. Why not
using the systemd nomenclature? (services and targets).

Project name has been chosen just to tell what and how it replaces. Even then I knew I would rename it later.

Would yast-services-manager sound better :)?

As the code is not translated, the code is a good start point for
discussing guidelines for future code.

Exactly, these guidelines are currently quite unclear. At least for newcomers.

- Enums are usually implemented with simple symbols instead of string
constants. What will YaST use?

I will leave this for the team.

- Hashes vs Struct or classes (this is not a rule, but it would be good
to have guidelines when one or the others will be used)

This comes from the fact that data should be outside in Service module which is still written in YCP (as you can see, there's a note that it should be moved to Service module). And yes, I plan to iteratively rewrite it to Class/es. Right now, the code is as simple as possible and that's why it's in one file only.

- Inconsistent usage of ! for methods: eg: "save" does not have one
(mostly coming from the limitation that data is a hash and the method
is wrapped instead of being in the object itself)

Yes, I use "!" and "?" in getters and setters only.

- Inconsistent usage of single and double quotes

It might look like so, but double quotes are (yes, mostly) used only where string interpolation is required, otherwise I used single ones.

- documentation. Standard rdoc? yard?

I will leave this for the team.

Thanks
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha