Re: [yast-devel] YaST2 USER Module and LDAP + Kerberos
V Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:14:56 +0100
Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Hello,

I have a question and a Problem with the YaST2 User Module ;).

When I have a User configured with YaST, have I to change any in the
yaST ldap User Module?

My Problem a USER is configured with YaST USER+LDAP, I create the
User also in krb5 but it is not possible to expand the Entry with krb5

ank -x dn="uid=xxxx,ou=people,cd=example,dc=com" xxxx

I have to create with

ank xxxx

but now I have two USER xxxx in the LDAP DB

when I have to delete my User (with YasT) the User is deleted but the
krb5 USER do exist, but I can't find the User in YaST2. Later when I
have to recreate the USER with YaST2, YaST2 tell me the USER Exist !!

What is the correct way ?

Well, I'm not sure if I understand your questions.

First: YaST users module does not have any special handling of Kerberos
accounts at all.
It is, however, able to manage LDAP users. The supported
scenario is having users in LDAP database and (optionally) let them
authenticate via Kerberos.

For setting the Kerberos authentication there's YaST Kerberos client
module, but for nothing more. Maybe YaST Kerberos server could help
you... Michael?

YaST LDAP client module is used for configuring your machine as LDAP
client. Once you do this, LDAP users are available for editing in YaST
Users module.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel