[yast-devel] WFM and other languages
Hi,
as part of my improvements to ruby bindings and ruby usability for YaST
I create script for starting clients code.
But clients code can be run also via WFM and it is problem. Now it is
hardcoded there, that it must be ycp -
https://github.com/yast/yast-core/blob/master/wfm/src/Y2CCWFM.cc#L65

I think it would be nice to change it and it is also required if we
want to have complete module in ruby that play nice with ycp modules.
My idea is to search also for other suffixes ( now if I know only ruby
can call clients, but maybe in future other bindings want to use it
also ) and call directly ruby component to call its client that is
passed.
For this goal it would be nice to enhance PathSearch to detect on its
own suffixes, so it can be on one place and not have everywhere try for
various suffixes.

Also there is one more problem in yast2 script. It pass only client
name without suffix, so it is hard to decide in script itself if client
is ruby or ycp. Is there any way how to detect it in yast script? Or
how to use PathSearch from shell ( of course with passed '-I' parameters
)

Thanks for answer
Josef