Re: [yast-devel] YAST_IS_RUNNING possible values????
On 01/10/2013 11:02 PM, Roberto Angelino wrote:
On 1/10/2013 at 01:24 AM, in message <20130110092418.GA24013@xxxxxxx>, Arvin
Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 05:13:45PM -0700, Roberto Angelino wrote:
Yast Gurus,
I have a question from my customer about this variable and what possible
values & their meaning are? Do we have any documentation available?

Possible values set by YaST are "yes" and "instsys". One place
where the variable is used is parted: It behaves different during
filesystem resize if it's set. AFAIR some RPM macros also use it.

Followup question from customer regarding YAST_IS_RUNNING values
in sles9.sp3, sles10.sp3 & sles11.sp1? They are all the same between
each sles of these versions?

Depends on what you ask for. The easy answer is "possibly yes" and "probably not". Some features were added during the YaST development and SLE 9 (definitely) and SLE 10 (sometimes) seem to be rather old code.

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Cloud & Systems Management Department
SUSE LINUX s.r.o., Praha