Re: [yast-devel] Re: [Research] SuSEconfig is gone
On 09/20/2012 02:02 PM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Thu, Sep 20, Jiří Suchomel wrote:

Wow. There are still several call of the script from YaST[1]. Should we
just remove them all or is some replacement needed?

Please remove them. If replacements are really needed, we will
find out ;)

I think for ISDN we need a replacement, but since we have no
maintainer and nobody is able to find out what the current
script is really doing, we don't have one :('

Hi,

you may hate me for this answer, anyway, first, thanks for finally dropping this beast!

And, more seriously: SUSEconfig was used for stuff that should go (ideally) to RPM scripts as well as for writing the configuration. The benefit I see is not dropping the functionality, but finally not calling a set of script after package installation, even if it is completely irrelevant to the installed/updated package.

For writing configuration (or in fact any case when YaST calls a specific SUSEconfig.<something> script), this script can still be called (possibly with a different name) if it is needed to keep the behavior (which seems to be the ISDN case).

Making sure to stop calling the whole set of SUSEconfig scripts is what YaST should do.

Jiri

Thorsten

Jiri

[1] See grep -r "/sbin/SuSEconfig" /usr/share/YaST2/*
--
Jiri Suchomel

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.
Lihovarská 1060/12