Re: [yast-devel] Fwd: Glade-like tool for libyui?
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar P." <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 10:04:34 +0200
On 07/17/2012 09:40 AM, Yajo wrote:
Hi, I was considering starting a TUI and GUI python app, and came to
read about the marvels of libyui. Seems great, but...

- Is there any tool like Glade for libyui?
- Or at least some documentation about writing the UI in XML or JSON?
- Also, does python-yui work with python 3?

I promise I searched a lot, but cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

- There is no tool for designing UIs
- There is no current way to do xml or json

- The python bindings are auto-generated by SWIG, which is basically the C++ API.
During our last hack-week we started native bindings for ruby (https://github.com/libyui/ruby-ui) which are not ready yet, but they are close to the ruby language and support templates in slim format.
Having something similar for python would be an interesting project.
- For json or xml support, it would make more sense to implement it in libyui itself. I remember playing myself with a XUL reader years ago:

http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/branches/tmp/dmacvicar/yast-xmlui/libyui/src/YUIXMLReader.cc

Cheers,

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany