Re: [yast-devel] YaST in GIT and keyword expansion
Dne 12.7.2012 10:38, Togan Muftuoglu napsal(a):
Just an idea but would't using <https://github.com/kimmormh/git-rcs-keywords>
help
to keep the keywords

Oh, thanks for the link, looks interesting.

But the description contains this:

"The mechanism used are filters. The smudge filter is run on checkout, and
the
clean filter is run on commit. The tags are only expanded on the local disk,
not
in the repository itself."

We would have to globally agree on using it or not. I mean this could cause
unnecessary changes when submitting created tarballs to OBS.

Imagine developer A, who doesn't use keyword expansion, submits a package to
OBS,
developer B uses keyword expansion and submits a bugfix to OBS. The result is
that the diff A->B contains expansions and might be much longer than necessary.

This might be problematic when doing review for a maintenance release (online
update)
in OBS.

For this reason I'd rather not use keywords at all, they can create a mess
very easily and the advantage is negligible (if any).

Any (other) opinions?

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer