Re: [yast-devel] Table sorting and locales in YaST UI
On Fri, 4 May 2012 12:00:55 +0200
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 10:51:51AM +0200, Jiri Srain wrote:

Actually, anything that starts with a number should IMHO be sorted
numerically according the number alone. The text, which is possibly
appended to the number, should be taken into account only if there
are two items with the same number (not the case mentioned above).

Just for completeness, I don't think that we need to solve
exceptions like e.g. date (where sorting should work according to
the date), however, I'm not aware of any single place in YaST where
it could be used.

Sorting sizes in human format (e.g. 1.3 GB, 2.2 kB, 4.5 MB) could
be used in the partitioner.

But even if that would work sorting in the partitioner will
remain disabled (use 'keepSorting) since the devices are sorted
very special according to types (e.g. hard disk, LVM) and other
information e.g. partition number or name.

Regards,
Arvin

If we start having more special request on sorting function it would be
nice if we can pass sorting method there ( like almost all languages
allow ).

Josef