Re: [yast-devel] Popcorn YaST install integration
Dne 30.4.2012 09:35, Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:32:29 +0530 Akshit Khurana <axitkhurana@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
It is inspired by Debian Popcon[2] and the way they(Debian/Ubuntu) get users
sign up is through their installation and configuration tools.[3] We would
like
the same for Popcorn by integrating with YaST, if that is possible.

It should not be problem, just be aware that each GUI(TUI) have own
implementation, so it needs to be done three times - for GTK, QT and ncurses.

It might not be necessary to implement it three times, it depends on what you
want to
achieve. If it only sends data to the remote server and does not interact with
the package manager UI then it can be implemented as usual yast module - the
same way
as we now call e.g. the repository manager from the package manager UI (the
repository manager is a standard yast module with single implementation).

And simple package management tasks could be done via Pkg:: calls if needed.

On the other hand native Qt/Gtk UI could contain better (fancy) graphics,
the generic graphics capabilities in Yast are quite limited.

So it depends what features you want or how it should look like.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer