Re: [yast-devel] Popcorn YaST install integration
V Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:49:25 +0200
Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> napsáno:

- during installation process, at some place in the workflow, there
could be a checkbox (similar to that Debian one). That way most
users would see it and could react. However, there are too many
options in installation already, and we'd be adding new...

Not really back in the old days installation was more controllable by
the user nowadays it's patterns dictating mainly

- it could be "hidden" in some of the configuration menus of YaST
software management module. This would be more relevant place for
gathering packages data, but users would not see it unless they'd
specifically look for it.

If that is the road to go what should it be by default opt-in or
opt-out

Yes, that's gonna be most discussed question :-)

Actually, those options I wrote about can be there together. We can
have a checkbox shown during installation, at the place where other
checkboxes are (like [1]). And later, on the installed system,
there should be some way to access the option again.

[1] http://imagebin.org/210348

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel