Re: [yast-devel] Popcorn YaST install integration
Hi Akshit,

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:32:29 +0530
Akshit Khurana <axitkhurana@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on Popcorn[1] for openSUSE this summer. Popcorn will
gather statistics determining popular packages in openSUSE, and later
for other distributions as well.

Quite nice project.

It is inspired by Debian Popcon[2] and the way they(Debian/Ubuntu) get
users to sign up is through their installation and configuration
tools.[3] We would like the same for Popcorn by integrating with YaST,
if that is possible.

It should not be problem, just be aware that each GUI(TUI) have own
implementation, so it needs to be done three times - for GTK, QT and
ncurses. I think that you should create proposal how it should look
like. I think that it will be also nice to have such information
integrated into sorting. So I can search for games and sort by
popularity to see the most popular games.

If you need a help don't hesitate to ask here on mailing list.

Josef

I look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Akshit

[1] https://github.com/mapleoin/popcorn
[2] http://popcon.debian.org/