[yast-devel] SVN -> Git: Different Approach to Migration
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:12:46 +0200
Hi,

I was thinking about the migration from SVN to Git and I came to a conclusion that I'd really love to use GitHub my work instead of SVN. For purpose, I (personally as a developer) care about modules I still maintain.

And as we'd like to move from SVN to GitHub module by module anyway, I propose to start moving them right now - if there is a module that can be converted and moved, let's do it now and don't wait for other ones. Such module would have a new DISCONTINUED file in SVN linking to the project at GitHub. We'd have to create this file in every active branch.
I'd maybe added a non-standard note to *.changes file too.

--- DISCONTINUED ---
Development and maintenance of this project has been discontinued
in this SVN. We have moved the project to GitHub:
https://github.com/yast/module_name
--- DISCONTINUED ---

Bye
Lukas