Re: [yast-devel] Snapper: Missing directory "/.snapshots" makes snapper fail
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 02:21:12AM +0200, Marcel Treis wrote:
Hi,

i just installed openSUSE 12.1 (x86_64). I tried to use Snapper but
using the Yast2 plugin failed as well as "sudo snapper create".
var/log/snapper.log told me: libsnapper(3529)
Snapshot.cc(nextNumber):362 - mkdir failed errno:2 (No such file or
directory)
Using strace i found that snapper needs the directory "/.snapshots".
After creating this directory, everything seems to be fine, i can now
create snapshots, and Yast automatically creates them.
Perhaps snapper could auto-magically create the directory if needed?

Snapper creates that directory (as a subvolume) when you call
"snapper create-config ..." as YaST does during
installation. Perhaps the complete snapper.log shows why that
failed.

Regards,
Arvin

--