Re: [yast-devel] YaST++ Name
On Tue March 20 2012 11:26:00 Jiri Suchomel wrote:
Dne Po 12. března 2012 14:50:48, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
From all the names, Gloves (project name) / libgloves (package name)

seems to be the best we've found (?).

We (Prague developers) seem to like Gloves, and no one complained, so it
looks like we've found project name. (But there's still time to
complain/propose!)

We've not finished the discussion about packages name conventions, though.
Here's our latest proposal:

1. Packages with the high level library like

yast++lib+users

will be renamed to

gloves-users

2. Config agents (the low level part) either

a) stay as they are, like 'config-agent-passwd'

b) or get renamed to 'gloves-agent-passwd'

3. Current namespace is YLib, like in

YLib::Users::read

and it should be renamed to

Glove::Users::read

(note the singular form)

Any comments? Different proposals?

If we'd use yast++ in combination with Puppet system administration even the
word glove puppet made sense :-)

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,