Re: [yast-devel] software-install doesn't run ldconfig + suseconfig
[...]

If for example, I install a package, the Yast-window displays the
"downloading ...." line, then the "installing ....." line and then
immediately closes.
ldconfig should be run while "installing ...." is printed. I don't think that
additional output from ldconfig is shown in that window.

Is something not working on your machine that makes you think ldconfig did not
run? Or do just miss ldconfig's output?

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,