Re: [yast-devel] software-install doesn't run ldconfig + suseconfig
Am 07.03.2012 16:51, schrieb Thomas Goettlicher:

On Wed March 7 2012 16:36:31 Norbert Zawodsky wrote:

> Hello everybody!

> I'm new to this list and hope that this is the right place for my question.

> After an update of one of my machines from OS 11.1 to OS 12.1, I noticed

> that Yast's software-installer module does *_not_* run the ldconfig +

> suseconfig step after download and installing packages.

> Can anybody give me a hint why this could be and how I could track down

> this problem?

ldconfig is run by the package itself which is installed. Which package was installed? Does its .spec files contain following lines?

%post

/sbin/ldconfig

see: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_scriptlet_snippets

Cheers,

Thomas

--

Thomas Goettlicher

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,

HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg

Germany

I will check tonight (when I'm at that machine again).

But I installed hundreds of packages during the last weeks and I remember that the "Linker" and "suseconfig" step were _never_ executed.
(On that particular machine of course).

If for example, I install a package, the Yast-window displays the "downloading ...." line, then the "installing ....." line and then immediately closes.

Cheers
Norbert