Re: [yast-devel] Migrate YaST svn to git
* J. Daniel Schmidt <jdsn@xxxxxxx> [Feb 23. 2012 02:05]:

History
--------
Last year we (Klaus Kämpf, Lukas Ocilka, Martin Vidner and me) started to
look
into a migration of the YaST svn repo to git.
We did not succeed back then, as our usage of svn is not that simple as in
other repos. I already migrated smaller projects with git-svn within a few
minutes - but this approach did not work for YaST.

The topic popped up again recently and Bernhard Wiedemann and me looked into
it again last week and found a new solution. Within 1.5 days we created a
tool
around svndumpfilter3 [1] that looks very promising.

Thats great progress !

Just keep in mind that all previous attempts looked simple for most of
the existing YaST modules. However, some modules have an -
'interesting' - branch/merge history and the devil is in the details.

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany