[yast-devel] Idea how to improve autoyast related code in modules
Hi YaST hackers,
from my experience with yast modules, there is quite strange part which
contain various backward compatible stuff for old autoyast profiles. It
makes perfect sense to have backward compatibility in this area and I
am sure that customer likes it.
What can be improved is way how we do it. Now it is mixed into every
module and it is not much tested, so sometime we get strange bug
report, that something stop working.
I see quite nice way how to solve it in kiwi, so maybe we can inspire:

1) code always support only the latest schema, no backward compatibility
2) old xml files is before usage transformed via XSLT, so backward
compatibility is preserved and separated

This way we have separate layer for backward compatibility. We can also
provide easy tool for customers how to update to the latest schema. We
can also more easily test it. It is located in one place.

What do you think about such solution?
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger