Re: [yast-devel] Ruby-bindings and exception
Dne 14.2.2012 09:57, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
On 02/14/2012 09:13 AM, Jiri Suchomel wrote:
I welcome any other suggestions or comments. Also it would be nice to have
uniform way....how python bindings solve such problem?

I do not think it is solved in python-bindings. I've just tested: when
exception is raised, YaST logs an error. But it does not crash

IMO it would be nice if error was logged anytime an exception is caught by
ruby-bindings.

Having the last_error or maybe even last_exception (with details) method
would be
definitely a good approach.

When pkg-bindings catch an exception from libzypp the invoked Pkg:: call
returns nil
and Pkg::LastError() and Pkg::LastErrorDetails() return the details about the
error.

Libzypp exceptions are automatically logged by libzypp when they are thrown
(pkg-bindings do not have to do anything special).

I think a similar way can be used also in Ruby bindings.

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer