Re: [yast-devel] YaST2 LDAP and scripts
  • From: Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:26:25 +0100
Hello Lucas,

Am Montag, 13. Februar 2012, 17:02:54 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
On 02/06/2012 03:20 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to find a DOC or a LINK, to find out which Schema and Index
the YaST2 Modules and scripts must have?

Background:

When I like to Install a separate LDAP Server (XEN) and configure other
XEN
Instances with LDAP support the changes are never written to the LDAP
Server.

Afterward I found only in the Logs the Error, Index missing or a Error
Schema missing usw.

When a doc exist it is possible to configure the LDAP server before
installing a other XEN Instance?

Maybe not 100% related to your question but ...

Today I was checking the DNS Server code for importing LDAP schema and
I've found out that if the server is not local (127.0.0.X, ::1,
localhost), the LDAP schema for DNS is never imported, code expects that
a remote server handles importing the schema itself.

This, I mean I have reported three or four years ago ;).

This is NOT working with any YaST2 Server modules, that is why I have the
question for the Index Variables in the ldap Scripts and the required
ldap.schema for the YaSt2 Modules

To configure an LDAP server, running `yast2 ldap-server` should work.
See, for instance, this documentation:
http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE/opensuse-security/cha.se
curity.ldap.html

Thanks, for Link but this I have found ;)

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

Günther J. Niederwimmer