[yast-devel] Ruby-bindings and exception
Hi YaST hackers,
there is problem with exceptions from ruby modules. Now if risen, yast crash. I
found this behavior quite annoying and it should be improved.
I can do it, question is what is correct behavior. Does anyone have suggestion?
In yast++ we have now error variable and catch exceptions. So I can in ruby
bindings ( and only in bindings so ruby code is not affected ) extend class by
method that return message of last exception. So you can run code as
if (Module::run == nil)
y2error ("Problem with run %1",Module.yast_error);

I welcome any other suggestions or comments. Also it would be nice to have
uniform way....how python bindings solve such problem? And how connection to
C++ code behave?
Thanks for attention
Josef