Re: [yast-devel] YaST2 LDAP and scripts
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:02:54 +0100
On 02/06/2012 03:20 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to find a DOC or a LINK, to find out which Schema and Index the
YaST2 Modules and scripts must have?

Background:

When I like to Install a separate LDAP Server (XEN) and configure other XEN
Instances with LDAP support the changes are never written to the LDAP Server.

Afterward I found only in the Logs the Error, Index missing or a Error Schema
missing usw.

When a doc exist it is possible to configure the LDAP server before installing
a other XEN Instance?

Maybe not 100% related to your question but ...

Today I was checking the DNS Server code for importing LDAP schema and I've found out that if the server is not local (127.0.0.X, ::1, localhost), the LDAP schema for DNS is never imported, code expects that a remote server handles importing the schema itself.

To configure an LDAP server, running `yast2 ldap-server` should work. See, for instance, this documentation: http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE/opensuse-security/cha.security.ldap.html

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, Appliances Department