[yast-devel] YaST++ isn't YaST but ...
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 16:56:31 +0100
Hi,

Today we had a talk about the future of YaST++ #1 project and we've found out that maybe "YaST++" isn't actually the best name.

Why? Because the project should NOT replace the whole YaST. It's just a configuration library written in Ruby that can be used from several other applications (and YaST is only one of them). Additionally, it's a bit uneasy to find YaST++ project as it usually finds YaST instead. RPM/gem names look strange with "++" in it, etc.

So, I'd like to ask you for your feedback on the project name. Do you feel it's appropriate? Do you have any better idea for a project code/name?

Thanks in advance
Lukas

#1 https://github.com/yast/yast--/wiki

--