Re: [yast-devel] Missing cleaning phase in yast development
On Monday 21 November 2011 14:35:26 Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
when I must change something in yast code I notice one important thing.
There is missing cleaning phase in development of yast. What is
cleaning phase? Go through code and check if all workarounds, hot-fix
or special cases is still valid. So check if workaround for broken
configuration option is not already fixed upstream, if hot fix cannot
be fixed better, if code change during fixing some unexpected condition
need some refactoring etc.
Well, I can hear notice that there is not enough time and that there is
no people, but I think that in midterm ( from one release to another )
it reduce time needed, as people work on better code and it is easier
to write new features and reduce bug count.
Any opinions? I think that for trunk is now perfect time as 12.1 is out
and we should push to upstream to fix our workaround properly.
Josef

I fully agree, and it's time to bump the modules' versions to 2.22.0.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,