Re: [yast-devel] yast++ name
On Monday 12 of September 2011 11:04:11 Martin Vidner wrote:
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 10:58:06AM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Thomas Goettlicher write:
I wonder if 'yast++' or 'yast--' are names that might cause trouble
sometime in the future because of the '+' or '-' in it.

I wasn't very happy with the version number as part of the package name
in yast2. Using '++' or '--' might be even worse, e.g. rpm uses '-' as
delimiter. There are more examples where it might cause conflicts, I
guess.

What's your opinion?

YaST++/-- is just codename for project. Packages ( now located at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST%3AHead%3Ayastpp (
not all packages packaked yet, WIP ) has own names, which is not problem
for RPM. Josef

I love codenames!
How about Nastya?
Next awesome setup tool, YaST-alike

Just keep in mind the project is about d-bus based access to the system
configuration. Almost no connection to YaST.

Stano