Re: [yast-devel] License of yast++
On Thursday, August 25, 2011 01:52:27 pm Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
second question related to yast++. What license we should use? As I plan to
create initial package, I need specify license ( and packaging tasks
include explicit license checker ). What suggestion do you have? MIT, BSD
or some kind of GPL?
Josef
I talked to our licenses expert and want to summarize the outcome of the
discussion: There are a lot of different possibilities and GPL v3 fits well
for yast++. Libraries could be LGPL v3 if they are used by others. Otherwise
GPL v3 is also appropriate.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,