Re: [yast-devel] Switching from SVN to GIT: yast-svn2git
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Jul 26. 2011 15:42]:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 08:33:42PM +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

Another thing, the original revision numbers are lost. I frequently
refer to them in commit messages and Bugzilla, so I think they need
to be preserved somehow.

They are, as part of the git commit message.

No, the git commit message has the revision numbers of the
*filtered* repository.
It seems the svndump format allows sparse revision sequences, so
simply preserving the revision number during the filtering would
work.

Right, the filter process is not the issue. The renumbering is cause by
the 'svnadmin load' into a new svn repo for svn-all-fast-export to work. :-(

Klaus
---
16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany