Re: [yast-devel] Switching from SVN to GIT
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:20:29 +0200

Dne 13.7.2011 11:23, Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
Dne 13.7.2011 10:54, Jiri Suchomel napsal(a):
[...]
2. Think about the commit emails. I consider the mails being sent to
yast-commit@xxxxxxxxxxxx as ideal. With webyast in git, we do not have
equally
good solution (there's RSS or web). It is possible to hook "Email" service
hook, but does anyone know how the mail look like?

GitHub has several hooks, one of them is email target.
Unfortunately it does not send the full diff in the commit notification,
see the example at the end of this mail.

But the hooks are open source (see https://github.com/github/github-services),
we could possibly enhance the email hook.

Another solution would be to send the messages to a dedicated email proxy
which would process the incoming messages (add the diff) and then resend to a
mailing-list.

I've added this piece of information to that document, and linked this
thread from there.

Bye
Lukas