[yast-devel] WebYaST GIT repository has been moved to GitHub

Hi all!

One of the appliances workshop project was to introduce a new code review
workflow for committing changes in the GIT repository.

We decided to move to GitHub which provides nice interface to work with pull
requests
and doing code review there. It also has command line tools so you don't have
to use
the web frontend at all.

Moreover for external contributors it's very easy to fork and improve WebYaST
using
GitHub pull requests.

*** Please, do not use the gitorious GIT repository anymore! ***

(BTW does anybody know how to switch the gitorious repo into read-only mode?)

Here are steps how to switch to GitHub:

1. Create your GitHub account at https://github.com if you don't have one yet.
(Do not forget to upload your public SSH key to the server.)

2. Send your account name to me or to jreidinger, we will add you to the
webyast organization so you have commit access right.

3. Checkout the new repositories:
git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:webyast/rest-service.git
git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:webyast/web-client.git

4. Currently only these branches have been copied to GitHub:

master
maintenance-opensuse11.4
maintenance-sle11-sp1
maintenance-webyast-1.0
maintenance-webyast-1.1

Feel free to copy any other branch you need (or tell us, will copy it on
request). The old repo has too many obsoleted (temporary) branches,
copying all of them is not a good idea, we should start in a clean state.

5. We will introduce a new commit workflow with code review part, we are
polishing
the details right now, just stay tuned ;-)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions related to GitHub.