Re: [yast-devel] Re: [yast-commit] r64756 - in /branches/SuSE-Code-11-SP2-Branch/storage: package/ storage/src/include/ storage/src/modules/
On Fri, Jul 08, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

Dne 6.7.2011 18:32, fehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx napsal(a):
// filesystems possible for root volume. used during scan for root
volumes.
- global const list<symbol> possible_root_fs = [ `ext2, `ext3, `ext4,
`btrfs, `reiser, `xfs, `jfs ];
+ global const list<symbol> possible_root_fs = [ `ext2, `ext3, `btrfs,
`reiser, `xfs, `jfs ];

Um, ext4 has been removed as not supported, but btrfs is still present? That
sounds
strange for me, I personally consider ext4 more stable than btrfs...

You are right, but there is a management decision that no SLES version ever
will support ext4. I was explicitely told that the option to use ext4 as
filesystem need to be removed from SLE11 code. Of course ext4 is much more
stable than btrfs but some people hope that btrfs will mature fast enough.

Tschuess,
Thomas Fehr
--
Thomas Fehr, SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)