Re: [yast-devel] A few questions about libYUI
On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 11:28:01 pm Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi

I am trying a few things in libYUI to ask of

1. How to set a value in a ComboBox?
I have tried with both editable and non-editable comboBoxes

I have a
YComboBox * cc = YUI::widgetFactory(dialog,"SELECT",true);
cc->addItem("XYZ");
cc->addItem("Blah");
cc->setValue("Manu");

In this case, the value Manu is not set and highlighted

Now lets take this case
YComboBox * cc = YUI::widgetFactory(dialog,"SELECT",true);
cc->addItem("XYZ");
cc->addItem("Blah");
cc->setValue("Blah");

Same thing blah is not highlighted

case 3
YComboBox * cc = YUI::widgetFactory(dialog,"SELECT",false);
cc->addItem("XYZ");
cc->addItem("Blah");
cc->setValue("Blah");

I get a YUI::Exception

So if anyone can cross check this case and let me know if it is a bug or
not?

Second Question is related to event handling

If a selection in a comboBox changes, how would I able to recognise it

Currently I follow this approach
YDialog * dialog = YUI::widgetFactory->createDialog();
YComboBox * cc = YUI::widgetFactory(dialog,"SELECT",false);
YWidgetEvent * event = (YWidgetEvent*)dialog->waitForEvent();
while(1){
if(event->reason()==SelectionChanged){
cout<<"XYZ";
}
};

this does not seem to work ie the dialog is not recognising changes in
my combobox, how do I solve them?

For setting a ComboBox value please have a look at
YCPPropertyHandler::trySetComboBoxValue()
in
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/ycp-ui-
bindings/src/YCPPropertyHandler.cc

Concerning your second question it might make sense to move the line that
retrieves event into the loop.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,